Facebook Audience Pixel

Short Term Classic Car Insurance

Short Term Classic Car Insurance


If you only need motor insurance for a few days talk to Heritage and we will see you covered.

Our flexible, temporary classic car insurance is perfect for those looking for cover that lasts from just one to 28 days. So if you are planning a family road trip, or need to get home, in a borrowed vehicle get a quote today.

Like all our motor insurance policies, specialists or otherwise, our short-term insurance is tailored to your need, when you need it.

Get a Quote for Short term insurance


Want to know how short-term insurance works?

Check our FAQs below, and if not, contact us and let us know how we can help.

Will this insurance cover me to drive hire/rented cars?

No, this policy will only cover you to drive a car that is covered by a current motor vehicle insurance policy. It is there to sit alongside that policy so that should you be involved in an accident the policy holder’s NCB is not affected. The only exception to this would be on hire/rented motorhome vehicles.

What is the maximum size of vehicle I can insure on this policy?

We can insure up to a 3.5 tonne vehicle or a 5 tonne motorhome.

Will my trailer/caravan be covered?

Yes. The motor vehicle you drive will be covered fully comprehensive and anything you tow will be covered on a third party only basis.

I do not own the car; can I still buy short-term cover?

Yes you can, as long as you have full permission from the owner.

What type of licence do I need to take out short-term cover?

You will need to have a full UK or EU driving licence. We do however also accept an Australian or New Zealand driving licence though please bear in mind there may be some additional terms and conditions.

Who do I call if I need to make a claim on this insurance?

The telephone number for making a claim is 0800 0156 166. The call will be free from any landline but your mobile phone provider may charge you for these calls.

Will short-term cover insure the car outside the EU?

No, this insurance cover is only valid if you are driving in any EU country.

My car has been impounded; can I use short-term cover to get it back?

No, our short-term motor vehicle insurance policy does not cover seized or impounded vehicles.