telephone: 0115 9423344
Old & New Technology for motor cooling products and ancillary items with Coolex
Coolex is one of the few remaining specialist motor cooling companies in the country offering an off the shelf or bespoke made cooling product be it an oil cooler for a 1970′s classic car or a header tank for a modern rally car.
Coolex possess the traditional skills that enable them to service a Rolls Royce honeycomb radiator or the Morris Bull-nosed radiator and also build copper and brass products from scratch for any project. Coolex have over many years, embraced the new technology and equipment required for aluminium and stainless steel projects. They manufacture and repair all types of radiator, oil coolers, header tanks, fuel tanks and many other associated products.
Coolex have seen a dramatic rise in the number of classic car radiators that are being sent to them for new cores to be soldered into them. With recores Coolex can replace the core like for like or Coolex can replace the existing style core with a high efficiency modern GOT core or Packed construction core and in many instances can offer a core that is deeper and has an improved fin to increase the radiator performance, whilst maintaining the appearance of the original radiator.
Coolex are manufacturing a range of brand new Fiesta and Escort turbo radiators that are no longer supported by Ford or the aftermarket manufacturers. They have also manufactured a range of Lotus Elan radiators in TIG welded aluminium and copper / brass cores, some with extra rows of tubes and modified fins.
- Racing, Rallying, Karting, Hill climbing, Dragsters, Stock cars, etc. have been prepared by them over many decades.
- Our aluminium Lotus Elan radiator was fitted to the 2011 HSCC outright season winner Paul Tooms (The Tooms Raider) and Coolex are continuing with his new project in the 2112 season.
- Coolex currently look after a racing car stables who gives them vintage racing car radiators for single seater, front engine cars such as: Frazer Nash, Cooper, Parnell etc.
- Coolex Have supplied and modified radiators for the Saab rally team.
- Coolex prepared the late Barry Sheen’s racing truck radiator that he drove back in the 1980′s.
- Coolex built an oil cooler for the local hill climb champion of 2010,
- Coolex have built bespoke aluminium radiator for formula 3 cars and prepared radiators for numerous racing cars, stock cars and dragsters.